Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw is all set to introduce the Tejas-equipped Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express on August 14. The revamped train is packed with modern features enhancing passenger comfort and safety.
JAMSHEDPUR – The Indian Railways is taking a giant leap forward with the introduction of the Tejas-equipped Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani Express (02823), set to be launched on Monday, August 14, by Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw.
With the capability to run at speeds of up to 200 kilometers per hour, the Tejas coaches are loaded with state-of-the-art technology and premium features.
– Electro-pneumatic assisted brakes: For added safety and precision.
– Passenger information system and electronic passenger reservation chart: Integrated with an entertainment system.
– LCD displays: Attached to the back of each seat for on-board entertainment.
– Automatic entry plug-type doors: For improved safety and access.
– Improved Inter-car Gangway and Seat e-leather redesign: For added comfort.
– Improved lavatory-vacuum aided flushing with bio-toilets: Nine such lavatories in a full rake, with others being standard flushing.
– Wi-Fi, Call bell, Fire and smoke detection, Power vehicle fire suppression, CCTV Cameras: For safety and convenience.
– Auto-venetian blind windows, USB boards on infotainment system LCD panels: For charging laptops.
– Braille displays, Sensorized taps, flushing system, hand driers, tissue paper dispenser, soap dispenser, and water level indicators: For touchless toilet usage.
The new vinyl sheets on the interiors and exteriors add a modern flair, enhancing the overall aesthetics of the train.
The revamped Rajdhani Express underscores the commitment of the Indian Railways to offer high-quality travel experiences that combine speed, safety, and comfort. It represents a significant advancement in the Indian railway system, aligning with global standards.