Sudden fainting of 6 family members in Dumka after consuming food contaminated with a lizard, Officials advise families to maintain food hygiene.
DUMKA – Chaos ensued in Lahdangi village of Sadar block in Dumka district when six members of a family fainted after a meal.
Among the affected were Premshila Kisku and her five children.
The situation was reported by Meri Murmu, the local PDS shopkeeper, to Dumka Sadar BDO.
Responding swiftly, BDO Rajesh Kumar Sinha and the Block Medical Officer arrived at the village for an investigation.
Upon their arrival, villagers revealed the cause of the fainting spells to be a dead lizard in the family’s meal.
Immediate medical intervention restored everyone’s health, with induced vomiting bringing all members back to consciousness.
After revival, all the affected individuals were transported to Phulo Jhano Medical College Hospital via ambulance, where they are currently receiving treatment.
As per the latest reports, all individuals are out of danger.
The BDO and the doctor took the incident as an opportunity to remind villagers to keep food and water covered and to refrain from consuming stale or contaminated food.