Jamshedpur: A 60-year-old resident of Bagbera Housing Colony, Road No. 4 died due to electric shock on Saturday.
The unfortunate death caused quite a commotion in the entire area as a large crowd gathered at the place.
The police too arrived and have sent the dead body for post mortem.
The deceased was working as a contract worker in Tata Steel.
According to police, he returned to his house from work and was washing clothes.
He probably came in touch with an earthing wire that was laid near the tap recently. The earth wire caused him electric shock and he died on the spot.
The wife of the deceased had passed away 1 year ago.
After the death of the wife, the deceased was living alone at home.
The news spread like a wildfire in the entire area and a crowd gathered there soon.
In a hurry, the local people contacted the electricity department and got the power supply disconnected. They also informed the Bagbera police.
Bagbera police reached the site of occurrence and took the dead body in their possession and started an investigation.