Jamshedpur: A fire broke out in a house located in Birsanagar Zone No. 2, Road No.-3 of Jamshedpur. Property worth Rs 3 lakh is estimated to have been destroyed in this incident. No one was in the house during the incident. The reason for the fire has not been ascertained yet.
According to locals, the owner of the house Dr Nandu Honhaga has clinics in Ghatshila and Chakradharpur. He rarely visits the house. He has given the charge of looking after the house to a young man.
On Wednesday afternoon, at around one o’clock, the young man came out after locking the house. About an hour later, at 2 o’clock, the neighbors saw smoke billowing from the house.
The police and fire brigade were immediately informed.
A fire brigade of Tata Motors reached the spot and after a lot of efforts it brought the fire under control.
Although the walls of the house which caught fire are bricked, the roof is thatched.
There were many things in the house including almirah, which have been burnt to ashes.
The police are waiting for the owner of the house to arrive. Only then will the correct assessment of the damage be done along with the correct causes of the incident.