Pandals to be covered from all sides to prevent public view of idol, Corona saves Raavan from burning too
Ranchi: The state government has allowed re-opening of all religious places of worship outside the containment zones from 8th October 2020 in compliance with guidelines. The detailed order issued by the Chief Secretary Sukhdev Singh says that Durga Puja shall be observed in compliance with the guidelines.
According to the latest order dated October 1, 2020, all other activities previously restricted vide order number 2993 dated 28.08.2020 shall continue to remain restricted until further order.
Guidelines to be followed for the observance of Durga Puja/Dussehra during October 2020:
- Durga Puja may general be performed at temples or privately at home by the devotees to the extent possible. Puja may also be performed in specially erected small pandals and mandap, where it has been done traditionally, only with the objective of performance of rituals, without public participation.
- Durga Puja pandal shall be covered on all sides in a way to prevent any public view of the idols.
- Puja Pandal shall not be constructed on any theme.
- There shall not be any decoration by lighting in the area around the puja pandal.
- No welcome gates/toran dwar shall be erected in and around the puja pandal.
- Barring the area where idol is placed, rest of the puja pandal shall be open to air
- The size of idol shall be less than 4 feet.
- There shall be no use of public address system.
- No fair/Mela shall be organised on the occasion.
- No food stalls shall be opened in and around the Durga Puja pandal.
- At any given point of time, there shall not be more than 7 persons including organisers, priests and support staff present in the Durga Puja pandal.
- There shall be no immersion procession. The idols will be immersed at places approved by the district administration for the purpose.
- There shall be no musical or any other entertainment/cultural program.
- No community feast/prasad or bhog distribution function shall be organised.
- No invitation shall be issued in any form by the organisers or puja committees.
- No public ceremony/function shall be organised for the inauguration of the pandal.
- No garba/dandiya program shall be organised in any public place.
- Burning of effigy of Raavan shall not be carried out in public place as it will attract large crowds.
- Wearing of face cover/mask is compulsory in public places.
- The persons present at puja pandal shall follow all covid-19 protocols of social distancing, mask use, personal hygiene and sanitation issued by central/state government/local administration in letter and spirit.
- The organisers and other persons involved in conducting the puja shall abide by any other condition as imposed by local administration or appropriate authority.
- All the DM/ superintentendent of police shall strictly enforce the above guidelines.
- Penal provisions: Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded again in accordance with the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 besides legal action under section 188 of the IPC and other legal provisions as applicable.