Cleanliness Survey 2020 Awards announced, Jamshedpur scores 5133 out of 6000, adjudged 7th in 1-10 lakh population category towns
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand has been declared the Cleanest State among those states which have less than 100 urban local bodies. On the other hand, Jamshedpur has secured 13th position in Cleanliness Survey 2020 in the Country. It has also secured 7th place among the cities of 10 lakh population category in the country. It also got 13th rank in more than 1 lakh population category.
JNAC has expressed gratitude to the citizens of Jamshedpur for this achievement. JNAC had started preparation for the survey and efforts were made till before the lockdown.
Jharkhand has been declared the cleanest state among the states with less than 100 urban local bodies.
JNAC had secured first place in Jharkhand last year and this year too it has got the first place in the state.
Special Officer of JNAC Krishna Kumar said that this has been possible only owing to the contribution from citizens. JNAC has got full support from Jusco (Now TSUISL) management too.
He said that the citizens co-operated in waste disposal and it became a crucial factor in the survey.
He expressed hopes that the city would perform much better next year.
The Awards for Swachh Survekshan (SS) 2020 were announced on Thursday by Hardeep S Puri, the union Minister of state, Housing and Urban Affairs at a function held through virtual platform.
- In the Year 2017, JSR was in 64th Position and received an award as the cleanest city in the Eastern Zone, under the category (>10 Lac Population) In this survey 434 Cities participated.
- In the year 2018, JSR achieved 30th Position where 4203 cities participated.
- In the year 2019, JSR achieved, 15th Position, where 4237 cities participated.
- In this year 2020, JSR achieved 13th Position where 4242 cities & 62 cantonment zones participated.
- Jamshedpur scored 5133 out of 6000 score.
- For the first time, Jamshedpur was conferred with the 7th Position under National level 1-10 Lac category Population and Ranked First in the state of Jharkhand for the second time in a row.
- In 2020, Jamshedpur has been awarded “Best Medium City in Citizens feedback” in the country.
- Under SS- League (Quarterly assessment) JSR ranked as first under the category of 1-10 Lakhs Population consecutively for two quarters.
- Under Garbage free city assessment i.e Star Rating, Jamshedpur city emerged as 3 star rating city which is a subset of SS.
- Indore was declared cleanest city in India consecutively for the fourth time with the score of 5647 / 6000. Surat stood second and Navi Mumbai third respectively.
A Few parameters of Swachh Survekshan – 2020
- Source Segregation of Waste
- Door to Door Garbage collection
- Social Entrepreneur Model where waste pickers were integrated in value chain thus providing employment to them
- Dry Waste Collection centers set up at 5 strategic locations.
- Wet Waste processing facility to convert it into organic manure(Compost)
- Decentralized processing units like modular biogas (>100Kgs) -16 locations & Organic waste converter installations at flat complexes.
- Capping of dumpsites at XLRI and Bara.
- City beautification initiatives like theme based wall paintings.
- ZLD – Zero Liquid discharge.